Everyone that knows me knows that I love salad. Here’s a very easy, hearty superfood salad that I made:
Makes 2 meal sized portions:
- 2 Red beets (peeled and chopped ½ in) – keep the greens
- 1 Sweet potato (peeled and chopped ½ in)
- 8 Brussels sprouts halved
- Beet greens from one beet
- Other greens as desired (Arugula, Spinach)
- 1 Carrot - sliced or julienned
- 10 grape tomatoes cut in half
- Feta cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Toss beets in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper – spread on cookie sheet on parchment paper.
Then toss the sweet potatoes in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper - spread on cookie sheet.
Put these in the oven for 35 minutes or until desired softness.
Toss the brussels sprouts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, spread them on a cookie sheet.
Place the brussels sprouts in the oven for 15 minutes or until desired softness.
In the meantime, cut the rough stems off your kale and chop the bottoms of your beet greens off (see photo). Chop the kale and beet greens. Add other greens, carrots, tomatoes, feta cheese and the cooked veggies.
Toss with your favorite vinaigrette or dressing and ENJOY!!